Homemade Bacon Cheddar Dog Treats – Recipe. Delicious treats made with bacon and cheese for your furry friend.
- 4 strips Bacon (cooked crispy)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Milled Oatmeal
- 2 large Eggs
- Additional Milled Oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine bacon, cheese, and oatmeal in mixing bowl. Allow mixer to break bacon and cheese up into little bits.
- Add eggs to the dry mixture to form a thick sticky dough.
- Dust surface of counter with additional milled oatmeal, to prevent sticking.
- Roll dough out to approximately 1/4 of an inch. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes.
- Bake treats on a parchment paper lined baking tray for approximately 20 minutes (slightly longer if treats are larger). Treats will be a pale-ish brown when they’re ready.
- Allow to cool completely before feeding to your pet.
- My preferred method for getting bacon bits is to fry it crispy, then toss it in the stand mixer. If you prefer to chop it up before frying it, you can do that too.