Sometimes you just want a smoothie for breakfast, but most smoothies recipes are laden with juice or bananas. This Chocolate Smoothie Keto is the perfect meal for those following a high-fat, low-carb diet.
- 2 large eggs or 1-2 tbsp chia seeds or 1-2 tbsp coconut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream or coconut milk (I like Aroy-D coconut milk) (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- ¼ cup chocolate or plain whey protein or egg white protein powder (Jay Robb) or collagen powder or plant-based NuZest (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1 tbsp MCT oil or extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao powder, unsweetened
- 3-5 drops Stevia extract
- ¼ cup water + ½ cup ice
- Optional: ½ tsp cinnamon or vanilla extract, sugar-free (or other such as cherry, almond and orange) – see more suggestions
- Place the eggs in a blender
- Add cream (or coconut milk), water, cacao, stevia and ice. Use clear or chocolate flavoured stevia extract
- Add the MCT oil or coconut oil and whey or egg white protein powder. Both MCT and coconut oil will boost fat burn and work great in this recipe. MCT oil is more suitable for cold drinks, as it doesn’t solidify like coconut oil does. If you use coconut oil, make sure you blend it well!
- Pulse until smooth and serve immediately!
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||31.1||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3%), protein (24%), fat (73%). Nutrition facts may change with the suggested alternatives.
Recipe By Martina Slajerova