Wine is for sipping, but slushies are for slurping. And that’s just what you’ll get if you freeze rose´ wine – frose´ – a frosty pink wine slushie that practically exudes summer vibes.
- Bottle of rose´ wine
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 ounces elderflower liqueur
- Lemon wedge (for garnish)
Tip: Choose a full-bodied rose with a darker hue, as the color will hold up better once it’s frozen and blended. Feel free to experiment with your own recipe. For example, strawberries would be delicious and make it slightly sweeter while pink grapefruit would give it some zip.
- First, pour the rose´ into ice cube trays. A standard bottle of wine should fill up two trays. Place the ice cube trays in the freezer and allow the wine to freeze. It’ll take about four hours or so.
- Add the frozen wine cubes to a blender as well as the simple syrup, lemon juice and elderflower liquer. Blend, pour and garnish each glass with a lemon wedge.
- Don’t forget the straw – it’s a must-have for slurping up this slushie. Just watch out for the brain freeze!