They aren’t too sweet or too sour, and the honeydew puree is the perfect counterpart to the lime juice and tequila. Cold, refreshing, fruit-sweetened margaritas. These cocktails are really easy to make with fresh honeydew melon, lime juice and tequila!
- 2 cups chopped honeydew melon
- ½ cup silver tequila
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Coarse sea salt, for garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- In blender, puree chopped honeydew melon until smooth. Pour into large cocktail shaker. Add tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, agave nectar and a few ice cubes.
- Pour a couple tablespoons sea salt into shallow bowl. Rub rims of 2 cocktail glasses with lime wedges and dip in salt to coat. Fill glasses with ice.
- Shake mixture in cocktail shaker until very cold and well mixed. Strain into prepared glasses. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.