Loaded Vegetarian Nachos are nachos that you can eat as a meal without shame or guilt. Instead of being loaded with bad things, they’re loaded with healthy and delicious things.
- 1 cup lentil, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 15 oz corn, 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz black bean, 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb tortilla chip
- 1 ½ cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeñoes, sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, bring lentils, broth, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, mix in the corn and black beans.
- On a baking sheet, place a layer of tortilla chips, followed by the lentil mixture and cheese.
- Add another layer of tortilla chips, lentils, and cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, and guacamole, and cilantro.