This can be made using many many variations, this is what I chose for this specific recipe but I’ve also make it with pork and beef. I’ve added broccoli and spinach in different batches as well. It makes 3 weeks of food for my 20lb dog, who gets fed twice a day, and together with her multivitamin and treats, she gets all her necessary protein, carbs, and fats.
- 2 1/2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 c. frozen green beans
- 2 c. frozen peas
- 1 large or 2 med apples, cored and cubed (no seeds!!)
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Place meat in the crockpot and add water so that it just covers the chicken. Then, add potato, carrots, kidney beans, green beans, and apple.
2. Cook on low for 8-9 hours, when it is about finished, add the frozen peas and cook for another 30 minutes.
3. When finished, drain off excess liquid, add olive oil, and stir to mash (or place in a food processor).
4. When cooled, scoop daily servings into individual ziploc bags and freeze. Each night, remove one bag from the freezer and place in the fridge to defrost overnight.