Slow cooking is good method of cooking because the crock pot is doing the job for you, while you enjoy your day doing some other things and at the end of the day you have more than delicious dinner for you and your family. Slow cooking make the food also tastier because the more the food is steaming the more soft and flavorful is the whole meal thanks to the ingredients in it. Today we have for you the Slow Cooker Mediterranean Stew – Vegetarian Recipe. A nice hearty stew that is wicked easy.
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 cups cubed eggplant, with peel
- 2 cups cubed zucchini
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a slow cooker, combine butternut squash, eggplant, zucchini, okra, tomato sauce, onion, tomato, carrot, broth, raisins, and garlic. Season with cumin, turmeric, red pepper, cinnamon, and paprika.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
Recipe by: BROMFIELD