Succulent chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms. Served along a hot plate of creamy pasta.
Ingredients Of Stuffed Chicken Rolls With Pasta
For the chicken:
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp double cream
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped brown mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Tbsp tomato de seeded and finely diced
- 30 g butter
For the pasta:
- 110 g dried pappardelle pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 flat mushroom, diced
- Dash of white wine
- 85 ml thick cream
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 handfuls of fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Rolls with Pasta
For the chicken rolls:
- Remove the fillets from 2 chicken breasts and place them in a food processor with the cream, chives and garlic and some salt and pepper and blitz until almost smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small frying pan and saute the onion, mushroom and tomato with a little more salt and pepper for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then add this mixture to the chicken in the food processor and blitz again to mix.
- Slice down one side of each breast and open them up like a book. Fill the inside of each one with the blitzed filling mixture and close up again.
- Take two pieces of foil and fold them to double thickness and generously butter one side.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and place one piece of chicken in the center of each piece of foil. Wrap up tightly, twisting the ends.
- Place a dry frying pan on a high heat and place the rolls of chicken inside.
- Place a lid on the pan and cook for 5 minutes, rolling from time to time.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 9 minutes.
- Allow to rest before slicing off the ends, unwrapping the foil and cutting the rolls into slices.
For the pasta:
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions and drain well.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and saute the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Add the wine, cream and stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the mustard. Pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Serve the pasta on one side of each plate with the sliced chicken rolls on the other.
- Garnish with herbs and eat at once.